This is an easy tea that can be served hot, for those chilly winter months and feeling under the weather, or over ice for a refreshing drink during the warm summer months.
Every ingredient in this tea has healing benefits:
Coriander – helps digestion, helps high cholesterol, anti inflammatory qualiites.
Cardamom – helps digestion, fights cold and flu symptoms, helps lower blood pressure, anti inflammatory qualities and has lots of antioxidants.
Black pepper – helps digestion, antibacterial effects and antioxidants.
Ginger – helps digestion, fights nausea, anti inflammatory qualities and is full of antioxidants.
Honey – can help acid reflux, can minimize seasonal allergies and contains antioxidants.
Basil – reduces inflammation, full of antioxidants and anti-age properties.
Lime – rich in Vitamin C (one of the most important antioxidants), anti carcinogenic for cancer fighting and can help lower cholesterol.
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons ground cardamom
- 1/2 tablespoon whole black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 8 tablespoons honey
- 4 cups water
- 1 lime, sliced
- 8 large leaves of fresh basil
- In a small sauté pan, add the coriander, cardamom and black peppercorns.
- Over low heat, warm the spices until they get fragrant, about 5 minutes,
- In a medium saucepan add the water and bring to a boil, turn off the heat.
- Add the honey and stir until it is melted.
- Add the spices, grated ginger and basil.
- Bring the tea to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Strain the tea through a fine mesh strainer or coffee filter into a jug.
- Serve with sliced lime hot or over ice.
*You can squeeze in some lime juice to add tang.
Other recipes you might enjoy: