Thank you to my friend Nicole at Pic-Nic for nominating me for the Liebster Award. The Liebster Award is passed around the blogging community to give a recognition to each others blogs and a way of getting to know each other. Liebster is a German word mean dearest, beloved, sweetheart and boyfriend (hmmm).
When you get nominated, you follow the rules listed below:
Liebster Award Rules:
- Thank the blogger who presented you with the Liebster Award and provide a link back to his or her blog.
- Answer the questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself, and create 11 questions for your nominees.
- Present the Liebster Award to several other bloggers who have blogs whom you feel deserve to be noticed. Leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been nominated or email them.
- Upload the Liebster Award image to your blog.
So here are the 11 questions posed to me by Nicole:
1. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because I think I was really starting to bore my friends on Facebook with my constant recipes and food pictures, so I started my blog to spare them of this and it’s actually a great virtual cookbook.
2. What are 3 kitchen utensils you can’t live without?
My chef’s knives, my microplane and my food processor (how did anyone cook without one?)
3. Where do you see your blog in 5 years?
I’m only 5 months into it right now, so who knows what can happen because in the past 5 months I’ve learned a lot and there’s so many more blogs and the food blogging world is blooming. I would love to have e-cookbooks and have a large following of people who love my recipes.
4. What is your favorite and least favorite food?
Favorite food, I don’t really have one. I just like clean food, nothing processed. My least favorite is any junk food.
5. What makes you most passionate about the topic of your blog?
The fact that I can create my own recipes and that they work, then especially when people tell me they have tried them and the recipe worked for them, that makes me want to create more.
6. What is your favorite blog post?
That means I would have to pick my favorite recipe and I don’t have just one, because I make a lot of my blog recipes on a regular basis for meals at home.
7. Other than blogging, what do you enjoy doing with your time?
Cooking of course! But also like to exercise and living at the beach I love riding my bike.
8. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I’m lucky that I live in one of the greatest places in the world, Los Angeles. But I haven’t lived here all my life, I moved from the North of England in my early twenties, so I’ve gotten to live in 2 amazing countries in my life. But I would love to live in Lake Como, Italy.
9. What is your favorite animal?
I’m a cat lover, always have been since I was a child and have always had them as pets.
10. What food do you crave the most?
I actually don’t crave anything. I don’t have a sweet tooth, which is what people usually crave so I have to say nothing.
11. What is your favorite (or most addicting) form of social media?
None are addicting for me. I try and spread my time equally between Pinterest, twitter and Facebook because this is where I get the most traffic for my blog.
11 fun facts about me:
1. I am a real redhead (as you can see below) and this is why I called my blog Culinary Ginger and also in relation to the spice.
2. I am married to the best kitchen cleaner I have ever met. He impresses women everywhere with his cleaning skills which is the perfect pairing. I do all the cooking and he cleans the kitchen.
3. I’m a British Citizen and all of my family lives in England, so I get to go an visit as often as I can.
4. I love motor racing, mainly Formula 1.
5. I played with cars as a child, not dolls.
6. I love doing research.
7. I want to buy more kitchen gadgets than I have room for.
8. I am known for my sense of humor.
9. I only drink water and English tea.
10. I am very shy.
11. I love watching people cook.
My nominations for the Liebster Award:
Questions for my nominees:
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. If you could live one day over, what day would it be?
3. What is your dream vacation?
4. What sound or noise do you love?
5. What’s your favorite animal?
6. Where do you like to travel?
7. What is your favorite way to relax?
8. What is your favorite food?
9. What is your favorite movie?
10. Tea or coffee?
11.Who do idolize?